Saturday 15 March 2008

Phuket or Bust

This is the collection of sights that greeted my eye on arrival in Phuket:


It's like Blackpool on a bad acid trip. This is the short street called Soi Bangla just a hundred yards from actually rather nice hotel I'm staying in. As you can see it's wall to wall bars, go go bars, and the usual tawdry collection of sex shows. I'm stunned to note that food and drink is twice the price here as it was in Chiang Mai or Bangkok, in many places it's 3 times the price.

On the plus side I found these, which I'm buying as gifts for everybody this Xmas:


Mankini - is nice, you buy.













Fortunately the morning revealed a somewhat less seamy side of Phuket in the form of the beaches which were indeed wonderful.


This is my first ay on the beach since arriving in Thailand and in typical British fashion I over did it. I look like lobster thermidor in a hat strutting around the streets.
Don't expect much Thai food in Phuket it took all day to find what I can only assume are the only two family run Thai restauranmts in the Pattong beach area.
Right I'm off for an aloe vera massage in the vain hope that this will all stop stinging.
Next: Lady Boys Large it Up
Later, dudes.
MrC

No comments: