Thursday 20 March 2008

Koh Phi Phi

Welcome to Koh Phi Phi and at last the image of tropical paradise that I had in mind when I struck out for Thailand, and only an hour from Phuket by boat for a mere fiver.

It's a tiny island characterised by two tall mountainous outcrops linked by a narrow strip of white sand bordered by clear, shallow aquamarine seas.


This place is just perfect. There are no roads on Phi Phi and so no vehicles. No go go bars. No touts with arm fulls of tourist tat. You can walk everywhere.


The beaches are lovely, and the water is like a cool bath and is just 4 - 5 feet deep out for about a mile and a half. As some of you know I swim like a transit van and having nearly drowned twice so far this lifetime, a safe shallow beach is fantastic. It's the first time ever that I have waded in and swam straight out towards the horizon.


The beach is lined with a myriad of small bar/restaurants so when the sun and the swimming all gets too much you can kick back with a cocktail or a cold beer or a truly excellent fresh fruit shake.


This is a place that will be hard to leave.


I'll let the pictures speak for themselves I have to get back to the bikinis. Sorry I mean beach, obviously.


Next: "The Beach"


Mr C.



P.S. Many thanks to those of you who pointed out the hundreds of typos and spolling errors in this blog. In my defence I would say that I would like to see you do any better after 6 Mai Tais.


P.P.S. Just ate a 1 KG fresh lobster. Delicious. Feel sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mr C

Looks like you are having a good time. Keep up with the Chang, you obviously need to practice more. I will give you some training when you return.

Mr T